Whether you’re a real estate agent, broker, appraiser or involved in some other facet of the industry, it’s important to keep up with what’s going on and to consistently make new connections. LinkedIn is a valuable networking tool among real estate professionals, yet it is often under-utilized.
After updating or completing your LinkedIn profile, you can begin making better use of your LinkedIn account by joining groups. Before joining a group, carefully read the description to make sure you’re eligible to join (some groups require certain licenses and certifications) and review the group’s content to determine if it is relevant to your business.
To get started, here are a few LinkedIn groups to consider:
- National Association of REALTORS® – Commercial Members – This group is for all licensed commercial realtors but membership must be approved by the group manager.
- To Our Short Sales Success! – This is another private group, but it is intended for all those working on Short Sales, Broker Price Opinions (BPO), and Bank Owned Properties (REO).
- ABR – Accredited Buyer Representative – This group is only for those who have the Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR®) and who can be found in the online directory of the REBAC website.
- Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE – This group focuses on Licensed REALTORS® who have earned a CDPE© Designation to work with distressed homeowners. You must be a REALTOR® who has earned this designation to join the group.
- The Real Estate Networking Group (Insider Strategies) – This group offers networking for all kinds of real estate professionals working in all different facets of the business: commercial real estate, residential real estate, acquisitions, mortgage brokerage etc.
- Arizona Real Estate Professionals – This is an open group with nearly 1,000 members for real estate professionals in Arizona or those working within Arizona.
- Arizona Commercial Real Estate Network – This is a private group for agents and brokers working in commercial real estate within Arizona.
- Arizona Luxury Real Estate – This is an open group dedicated to the luxury real estate market in Arizona.
After joining a few groups, make sure to stay active by interacting. Share information, answer questions when you have a valuable and informative answer, ask questions when appropriate and don’t be afraid to form new relationships with other professionals to grow your network. At the end of the day, it’s all about who you know, especially in real estate!